On November 16th, Congress is holding hearings on the first American Internet censorship system.
If this bill passes it certainly will be the worst piece of Internet legislation in American history. The House of Representatives opens hearings on SOPA soon, but has rejected all submissions and testimony from public interest groups and others who oppose the bill.
If this bill passes, the Internet and free speech will never be the same. And so will U.S. society and the Internet industry as a whole. In the U.S. where this industry in total is larger than energy, agriculture, communication, mining or utilities, this bill will put innovation and thousands of small to mid-size companies at risk.
Click on the image below for the link
Join in with Google, Yahoo, Ebay, Mozilla, Bloomberg, Zynga, AOL, Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, LinkedIn, Electronic Frontier Foundation, Consumer Electronics Association, NetCoalition, Computer and Communications Industry Association, Public Knowledge, EDUCAUSE, Center for Democracy & Technology, Open Internet Coalition and hundred other companies to stop this bill.
From OpenCongress on H.R.3261 – Stop Online Piracy Act (http://www.opencongress.org/bill/112-h3261/money)
Specific Organizations Supporting H.R.3261
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- Motion Picture Association of America
- Independent Film & Television Alliance
- National Association of Theatre Owners
- Deluxe Entertainment Services Group Inc.
- National Music Publishers’ Association
- American Federation of Musicians
- Directors Guild of America
- International Brotherhood of Teamsters
- Screen Actors Guild
- National Cable & Telecommunications Association
- Recording Industry Association of America