In response to what was said by Mitt Romney during his “victory speech” on Tuesday in Florida, Stephen Colbert created the hashtag #PrepareThem on Twitter. As we all know Stephen will always try to help out when it comes to support the GOP with finding the perfect candidate…
The best quotes we’ve seen so far:
(Comedy alert — Comedy alert – politicians and yaysayers there is nothing to see here – carry on looking the other way):
- Newt Gingrich is a family values candidate. He values families so much, he’s had three!
- You can’t spell “Romney” w/o “money”, you can’t spell “Gingrich” w/o “rich”, you can’t spell “Santorum” w/o laughing.
- If Newt got divorced while President, would his ex wife get half of America?
- We are here to #Preparethem for what’s coming.
- Romney does to businesses what Newt does to his wives
- #Mitt’s talent for self enrichment & plunder from pathetic inefficiency are an inspiration for any Kaputillest”– David Koch
- Notice #Newt ‘s wives only recovered from their illness once he left
- If Newt and Mitt aren’t good reasons to vote Democrat, there’re excellent reasons to be pro-choice!
- Mitt is not worried about the very poor, there will always be enough around to wash his magic underwear.
- Newt, Mittens, or Cthulhu? Why go with the lesser evil?
- Can someone ask Mitt Romney why he wants to be President? Because I don’t think he knows the answer to that question
- Romney, Gingrich, Obama, along with Santorum most supported lender relief as well as NDAA. These men are the identical. #preparethem
- Reading the #preparethem feed is like a Turing test.
Overall we really like the deep confidence that 99.998% of all commenters expressed with those candidates for one of the most important positions on this planet. Yes guys, can you feel it, that’s the strong backhold, roots and support you have with anybody on the street, your country or anybody talking to you that has not been paid to say otherwise.
Maybe a metaphor in the gestalt of a quote from Bertold Brecht helps:
Some party hack decreed that the people
had lost the government’s confidence
and could only regain it with redoubled effort.
If that is the case, would it not be be simpler,
if the government simply dissolved the people.
(German original: Nach dem Aufstand des 17. Juni ließ der Sekretär des Schriftstellerverbands
in der Stalinallee Flugblätter verteilen auf denen zu lesen war, daß das Volk das Vertrauen der Regierung verscherzt habe und es nur durch verdoppelte Arbeit zurückerobern könne.
Wäre es da nicht doch einfacher, die Regierung löste das Volk auf und wählte ein anderes?)
image CC By Cliff1066 @ flickr.com
- Music: The German Band Blumfeld
- Video: Xavier Naidoo – Abgrund (abyss)
- HotSoup.com: Now live and cooking
- Music: Ton Steine Scherben
As you might have realized we recently tried to demonstrate the variety of the European Music scene(s) by pointing to some artist from completely different areas and countries.
Today we continue with a (very) brief introduction of the German band Blumfeld that unfortunately is currently performing their good-bye tour after more than 17 years of playing together.
Blumfeld started off in 1990 and with their second album “L´Etat Et Moi” that was published worldwide they even made their way into US charts and success in other countries outside Germany.
It’s good to see that almost all the concerts on their current tour are already sold out and they have to do additional performances in many cities. If you’re interested in learning more about this band have a look at…
Once upon a time Xavier was doing songs that not only sounded great but also the lyrics were hot.
And his song “Abgrund” (abyss) is from that time.
“Xavier Naidoo” a “German singer and songwriter of South African Indian descent” is well known for his R&B and soul like sounds. You might enjoy the animation in this video alone but we do believe its important that you understand the lyrics of this song so we were trying to find an English translation on the net…
Much talked about social network site for political issues HotSoup has a few hours ago opened its gates and is now online. Created by …four Democratic strategists, three Internet entrepreneurs, two Republican strategists and one journalist… they are planning to bring together 80+ celebrity opinion leaders with grass roots opinion drivers (?consumers) to engage them [...]
In remembrance of the German rock band Ton Steine Scherben and Rio Reiser…